BIO – PROCESSING OF PRESSMUD FOR ORGANIC MANURE
The Pondicherry Agro Service and Industries Corporation Limited (PASIC), Pondicherry and the Pondicherry Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited (PCSM), Lingareddipalayam, Pondicherry, have entered into a joint venture on “Bioprocessing of Pressmud for organic manure”. Pressmud – the organic solid waste and the Sugar Mill effluent – the liquid waste of Sugarmill are being utilized in this project for conversion into a nutrient rich, good quality organic manure known as “Pressmud Compost”.
The whole process of pressmud composting, utilizing the above mentioned industrial wastes is done by adopting the state of Art Technology, “Aerobic decomposition of biomass in windrows”. The process is eco-friendly, as it attempts to nullify the environmental pollution caused by these two industrial wastes. The concept is convincing as it is planning not only for “zero pollution” but also aims at contributing to the “Integrated Plant Nutrient System” for the soil, by way of yielding ‘Humus’ rich “Pressmud Compost” and thereby leading to sustained soil fertility and enhanced crop productivity. The composted pressmud is admixtured with soil ameliorants and Biofertilisers to yield the final product “Enriched Compost”.
The project is being carried out by PASIC at the PCSM premises, Lingareddipalayam, by utilizing the above mentioned raw materials. The annual production of Enriched Compost from Pressmud is to the tune of 4000 Tons.
PASIC ENRICHED COMPOST “Pasic Enriched Compost” is an organic manure manufactured out of the Urban Garbage of Pondicherry and other Agricultural Waste Biomass using modern scientific methods. The quality of a fertile land deteriorated due to continuous and excessive application of inorganic fertilisers and pesticides can be improved by application of PASIC Enriched Compost. SALIENT FEATURES:
- Contains 25-30% Organic matter.
- Contains Major plant nutrients like N,P,K,Ca,Mg & S and Minor elements like Fe,Zn,Mn,Cu,B & Mo.
- Saves the cost on inorganic fertilisers by 15-20%
- Iprovesthe structure, texture & quality of the soil.
- Improves the water holding capacity of the soil as this compost contains fibrous material like decomposed coirwaste & other Agriculture biomass.Minimises the water like requirement of the crop to some extent.
- Rich in Beneficial Microorganisms which aid in mineralisation of plant nutrients in the soil and make them amenable to the plant roots.
- These microbes produce Enzymes,Auxins and other Growth Regulators, Amino Acids and many other organic acids which help in the proliferation of the Root hairs & Lateral roots of the Tap root/Fibrous root system.
- Rectifies the micronutrient deficiency of the soil.
- Increases the crop yield of the produce.
- Requirement of Farm Yard Manure is 15-20 Tons/acre, whereas, the requirement of PASIC Enriched Compost is only 1-2 Tons/acre.
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE PASIC Enriched Compost
|SI. No||Crop||Recommended Dosage/Acre|
|1.||Paddy,Millets,Groundnut,Cotton,Pulses, Vegetables,Oramentals||1 Ton|
|4.||Coconut,Mango,Jack fruit,Guava,Sapota, Oranges etc.,||5-20 kgs/tree Depending on the age|
“GREEN GOLD” is an organic manure, manufactured out of urban garbage,sugar industry by products and other Agricultural Waste Biomass, using modern scientific methods. This consistent,reliable, value aded, organic product of high quality, comes to you from the reputed House of PASIC.
“GREEN GOLD” contains all the essential plant nutrients in desired quantities. The quality of a fertile soil, deteriorated due to continuous and excessive application of inorganic fertilisers and pesticides, could be improved by the application of “Green Gold”.It acts as a general plant Nourisher and as plant Growth Promoter.It is an ideal Plant Food for Potted Plants.
- GREEN GOLD is an eco-friendly, value added, organic manure, rich in organic matter and “HUMUS”.
- GREEN GOLD contains N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S, Fe, Cu, Mn, Zn, B and Mo.
- Contains Plant Growth regulators, horomones, auxins, enzymes, vitamins etc., which aid a luxuriant plant growth.
- GREEN GOLD improves physico-chemical & Biological properties of the soil. Improves soil aeration resulting in better root proliferation.
- Contains ‘Exfoliated Vermiculite’ which improves the water holding capacity of soil & keeps the plant fresh for a long time.
- Adds life to soil, as GREEN GOLD contains numerous beneficial Bacteria & Fungi. Results in sustained soil fertility & productivity.
- Checks incidence of Insect pests & plant pathogens. Free from weed seeds.
- Non-phytotoxic & Non-Toxic to human beings.
- GREEN GOLD improves the size, colour, flavour, taste, nutritive value & keeping quality of fruits & vegetables. Increases yield by 10-15%
- Stimulates flowering, Reduces Flower drop and Increases Bearings. It increases the Beauty of Flowers.
- GREEN GOLD can be used with all kinds of plants & soils and in all the seasons of the year.
- Apply GREEN GOLD-One Spoon-One Plant-Once in Ten Days-For Fast & Prolific Plant growth.
- GREEN GOLD-BEST BOON for Kitchen Garden & Nurseries.
- GREEN GOLD FOR GREENISH GROWTH!!
DOSAGE & METHOD OF APPLICATION
|SI.No||Scope/Choice||Dosage of Green Gold||Time of Application|
|1.||Potted Plants-Roses & flowering plants, foliage plants||one spoon(10-15 gms)/pot||Once in Ten days|
|2.||potting soil-mix||100gms/pot with sand, garden soil and compost||While preparing pot mix|
|3.||Nursery Bed||500 gms/m2||Mix with Top soil, just before sowing seeds.|
|Mix with Top soil, just before laying the grass.
Once a fortnight, afterlaying.
|5.||Fruit Trees/Shrubs coconut, Banana, Mango, Jack fruit, Lemon, Oranges, Guava, Sapota, Cherry, Papaya, Pomogranate etc.,||500 gms. to 3 kgs per tree or shrub depending upon the age||Thrice a year|
|6.||Vegetable crops in kitchen garden||One table spoon(25-30 gms) per plant (or) 500 gms/m2||Once a fortnight Mix with Top soil.|