PON – MYCORRHIZA (Pisolithus tinctorius)
SIGNIFICANCE OF MYCORRHIZAL FUNGI IN FORESTRY:
- Establishes symbiotically with the host Rhizosphere.
- Ideal for Silvicultural Nurseries and plantations.
- Mobilises P, Ca, Na, Mg, Fe, Mn, Cu, B and Al from the soil and supplements to the plants.
- Increased rate of nutrient absorption from soil.
- Increases longevity of its feeder roots and increases shoot length and seedling height in the nurseries.
- Resistance to root-borne or soil – borne pathogens and certain nematodes.
- Increased tolerance to soil toxins, high or low temperatures.
- Tolerance to adverse soil pH, cationic and anionic concentration, etc.
- Increases uptake of water.
- Increases the vigour of the plant by inducing drought resistance of young seedlings.
- Increased rooting of woody plant cuttings and increased root development during vegetative propagation.
- Enhanced colonization of introduced population of beneficial soil organisms like AZOTOBACTER, AZOSPIRILLUM, RHIZOBIUM and Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria around mycorrhizal roots thereby exerting synergistic effects on plant growth.
- Can be applied to the trees grown for Fruit, Fodder, Fuel and Timber.
- Increases the net Biomass yield in Agro Forestry.
- Decreases the time required for the trees to reach a saleable size.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Do not mix Pon-Mycorrhiza with Chemical fertilizers.
- Can be mixed with AZOSPIRILLUM, RHIZOBIUM and PHOSPHOBACTERIA Bio-fertilisers and with compost at the time of application.
- Store the pack under cool, dry place, away from Direct Sun and heat, until use.
- 2 to 5 gms per seedling, in the Nursery Stage.
- 5gms per seedling at the time of planting.
- 5 to 10 gms per plant of age 1 to 2 years.
- 10 to 15 gms per plant of age 2 to 3 years.
- 15 to 25 gms per plant of age 3 to 5 years
- 200 gms per sqm in seed beds.
( To be mixed with 2 kgs of Enriched Compost and broadcasted) PON-MYCORRHIZA has to be mixed @ 100gms per kg of Enriched Compost and then applied as per the recommeded dosage.